Race for the Cure Registration


The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® Series, the largest series of 5K runs/fitness walks in the world, raises significant funds and awareness for the fight against breast cancer, celebrates breast cancer survivorship and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease.

The Komen Race for the Cure is a unique event, designed and implemented to promote positive awareness, education and early detection of breast cancer. The Race is an opportunity for thousands of women, men and their families, running or walking, to spread the breast cancer message within their communities.

Komen Kansas City is proud to report that $.81 of every dollar goes back into our mission to end breast cancer forever. Of that – 75% of funds go back into our local community to provide restricted breast health grants, for screening, education and services. You can read and learn more about the Current Grant Recipients. The remaining 25% funds the most innovative research projects in the country.

Grab this offer today and register for the August 12th Race in Kansas City for only $15! You'll also receive a free year-long subscription to SELF Magazine. Still curious? The FAQs are super helpful!

Deb C.


This is a cause very near and dear to my heart as Susan Komen and my mom were good friends. Did you know 75% of the money raised stays in the KC market? Join us at this year's race!


Deb C.

Kansas City, MO

Komen Kansas City Website>

Susan G. Komen fought breast cancer with her heart, body and soul. Throughout her diagnosis, treatments, and endless days in the hospital, she spent her time thinking of ways to make life better for other women battling breast cancer instead of worrying about her own situation. Moved by Susan’s compassion for others and commitment to making a difference, Nancy G. Brinker promised her sister that she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer. Though Susan lost her battle with the disease, her legacy lives on through the work of Susan G. Komen for the Cure®, the organization Nancy started in her honor. Komen for the Cure is the global leader of the breast cancer movement, having invested more than $1 billion since its inception in 1982. Komen’s promise is to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures. Across the country, that promise is upheld by a network of 122 local Affiliate offices. At the heart of each Affiliate is a person or group of people who, like Susan, wanted to make a difference.

  • Garry Gribbles-August 8
    Ward Parkway Center
    8600 Ward Parkway
    Kansas City, MO 64114

  • Gary Gribble's- August 9
    Independence Commons
    18810 E 39th St S
    Independence, MO 64057

  • Zona Rosa- August 10
    The Groves (across from guest services)
    8640 Dixson Ave
    Kansas City, MO 64153

  • Gary Gribble's- August 11
    Stoll Park Center
    11916 W. 119th St.
    Overland Park, KS 66213

$15 for Race for the Cure Registration Plus a Free One-Year Subscription of Self Magazine - a $42 Value

The Nitty Gritty:

  • Questions? Call Komen Kansas City at 816-842-0410
  • Valid for the 8/12/2012 race in Kansas City only 
  • Requires walk-in registration and packet pick up 
  • Register onsite at the following locations
  • August 8th, 10am-7pm at Gary Gribble's, Ward Parkway Center 
  • August 9th, 10am-7pm at Gary Gribble's, Independence Commons 
  • August 10th, 10am-7pm at Zone Rosa 
  • August 11th, 10am-7pm at Garry Gribble's, Stoll Park 
  • August 12th, Race Day 6am-7am at Union Station
  • Includes a one-year subscription to SELF Magazine ($12 value) 
  • You will not be billed for this subscription
  • Please allow 6-8 weeks for magazine delivery
  • Reservation required
  • Plum Dollars may not be used to purchase this Plum Steal (Learn why >>)
  • You cannot earn Plum Dollars for referring this Plum Steal (Learn why >>)
  • Plum District promotional codes may not be used toward the purchase of this Plum Steal
  • Additional Terms and Conditions apply