The kids put on a pretty good show when they have a temper tantrum. Their point isn't made without dramatic facial expressions, body language and even streaming tears... well, Mom, that's some theatrical talent that you don't want to waste!
The Arts & Learning Conservatory classes encourage spontaneity, simplicity and fun. They believe that to act is to play, and that students learn the most in an atmosphere of relaxed positive reinforcement. There are five exciting camps you can choose from to appeal to every child, and they all conclude with a performance on the final day!
- Glee Show Choir on July 23 - August 3, Monday-Friday at 1-3pm (Ages 8-15): Outstanding opportunity for students of all abilities to develop greater musicianship, proper use of breath support, phrasing, interpretation, postures, and stage presence.
- Star Wars Performing Arts Class on July 23-27, Monday-Friday at 1-4pm (Ages 9-12): Ensemble building games, the basics of acting, themed projects, and a class presentation of Star Wars complete with costumes and student created props!
- Improvisation Performing Arts Class on July 9-20, Monday-Friday at 1-3pm (Ages 9-15): Through coaching, warm-up exercises, creative performance games and basic short-form scene-work, kids learn how to be more spontaneous, trusting and cooperative in creative environments.
- Group Voice Class on July 3-August 14, Tuesdays at 4-5pm (Ages 9-12): Explore the principles of healthy voice technique for stage performance including breathing, articulation, pronunciation, projection, and expressiveness through vocal exercises and singing popular musical selections.
- Lion King Theater Production Class on July 9-20, Monday-Friday at 9am-12pm (Ages 9-17): Students will work on scenes developing their acting skills while learning stage terminology, characterization and more. A placement audition will take place on the first day of class for all enrolled students. You'll also get four tickets to the performance at Tewinkle Middle School in Costa Mesa!
These theater classes offer all students an opportunity to excel in the arts in a fun, nurturing environment!
Orange County, CA
Arts & Learning Conservatory Website>
The Arts & Learning Conservatory is a non-profit organization committed to providing high quality theater and performing arts instruction to students ages 5-17 of all ethnic and social backgrounds. They believe that all students should have an inspiring and gratifying opportunity to experience the arts through active participation, and their programs provide a solid, foundational structure in theater, music, and dance.